ACHIEVEMENTS OF DELHI FIRE SERVICE (JANUARY 2020 TO DECEMBER 2020)
- Delhi Fire Service is an important department of Delhi Government, essentially responsible for managing the fire and other emergencies arising in entire National Capital Territory. During the period January 2020 to Dec2020 2020 department attended 25416 fires and other emergency calls to save the valuable life and property, wherein 1204 persons sustained injuries while 305 persons lost their lives.
- In order to combat the pollution 95,25,000 liters of water was sprayed on a stretch of 304 kilometers in the capital city.
- Fire Safety Guidelines have been issued to 513 buildings. The plans are being received on the online portal of various building sanctioning authority and disposed off in the allotted time frame.
- Fire safety certificates were issued to 1496 Buildings, after verification of site for requisite fire and life safety measures.
- 03 number of temporary fire stations at Geetanjali, Jasola and Yamuna Vihar have been operationised, increasing the number of fire stations to 64 fire stations as on date.
- D.D.A has allotted piece of land at IFC Narela and IFC Ghajipur for establishment of Fire Station in addition to the already allotted land at Budhanpur Majra for establishment of world class training center.
- 02 officers have been promoted to the rank of Dy. Chief Fire Officers and 07 officers promoted to Assistant Divisional Officer.
- The proposal for filling of 706 posts of Fire Operators have been sent to DSSSB, the recruitment process has been started and exam is likely to be held soon.
- Citizen Awareness has been a priority for Delhi Fire Service especially for school children. Any residential welfare association/school can write to Delhi Fire Service to fix up date for training/demonstration/mock drill, etc. This is being organized free of charges. Press and media are requested to give adequate coverage and help to generate fire safety awareness amongst the general public. The following are the major activities conducted during the year.
- The fire demonstrations cum awareness programmes were organized at 22181 locations which includes J.J. cluster, public places, institutions, shopping malls and schools.
- As a part of capacity building program 105 trainees of Delhi Institute of Fire Engineering Dwarka were imparted training at FSMA Rohini, 41 trainees of 3rd External Station Officer course sponsored by NFSC Nagpur, 40 trainees of 44th Sub Officer course of NFSC Nagpur, 95 trainees of Delhi College of Fire and Safety Engineering, Mundka, 07 trainees of B.Tech sponsored by GITAM institute Kablana, Haryana.
- On the front of computerization, Delhi Fire Service continued to issue online fire report free of charge through the DFS website. The reports are uploaded after 72 hours of the incident.
Last Update Date :- 04-05-2018
Page last updated on: 01-02-2023