- The Delhi Fire Service Bill 2001 has been placed before Vidhan Sabha for approval and enactment and presently looked into by a Selected Committee.
- Government of NCT of Delhi has proposed establishment of three Diaster Management center at Rohini, Laxmi Nagar and Nehru Place fire stations. For this purpose, Govt. of NCT of Delhi has provided 1.85 crores in the budget 2000-01 and Rs. 9.55 crores in the financial year 2001-02. This shall be utilized in procuring rescue and hydraulic tool and three state of art Hazmat vans designed for responding to situations arising due to accidents involving chemicals, road/rail accidents house collapse etc.
- Delhi fire Service has sent a team of 22 personnel to Bhuj, Gujarat to assist the rescue operation for earthquake victims.
- Payment for twenty two fire station sites has been made to D.D.A. Final possession is expected this year. The sites are located at Jasola(Badarpur), Geetanjali, Sarita Vihar, FC-8 (Wazirabad-Loni Road Crossing), Dhallupura, Shastri Park, Anand Parbat, badli and three in Rohini.
- Delhi Sub-Ordinate Service Selection Board has been requested to recommend suitable candidates for the 12 Sub Officers, 45 Radio Telephone Operators and 293 Fire Operators. 24 RTO have already been appointed on the recommendation of Delhi Sub-Ordinate Service Selection Board and have presently undergoing training at Fire Safety Management Academy, Rohini.
- The first Sub Officer Course of six months duration have been started at Fire Safety Management Academy, Rohini w.e.f. 1.1.2001. 53 trainee officers from different part of the country such as Punjab, Haryana, J&K, Maharastra, Assam and Delhi are undergoing training. The said course is being run at par with the one held at National Fire Service College, Nagpur under Ministry of Home Affairs.
- In order to update the equipment and to introduce modern technology-31state of art water tender are being procured/fabricated in the current fiscal year. The appliance will have latest high cum low pressure pump capable of delivering 4000 lpm at 10 kgf/cm2 and 400 lpm at 40 kgf/cm2 15 other type of appliances such as water bouser, rescue van, hose laying lorry are also being procured to meet out the requirement of coming new fire station.
- The concept of modern fire fighting has been further enlarged to using Ultra High Power Water Mist system and one such unit shall be made operational in this organization within next six months. The unit shall be capable of delivering 40 lpm at 100 bars in form of very fine fog.Being a compact unit, capable of being carried on smaller vehicle such as TATA Sumo, it will have an excellent access capability to the congested area thus reducing the response time.
- In order to improve the wireless communication efficiency, this department has obtained four new frequencies for the installation of boosters at Bhikaji Cama Place, Connaught Circus, Rohini fire station and one at suitable location in Trans Yamuna area. This is expected to improve the quality of transmission from the main fire control room to the fire station and fire ground communications.
- An exercise was taken up to inspect the all underground water storage tank in MCD and NDMC area to make sure that these are workable to optimum utilization during the likely fire in the ensuing summer season.
- Establishment of three disaster management control centres one each at Rohini, Nehru Place and Laxmi Nagar fire stations. These centres have been equipped with most modern rescue tools like cutter, spreader, rams, pneumatic jacks, etc.
- Procurement of three numbers of Hazmat cum Emergency appliance from the Netherlands at a cost of 11.79 crores. These vehicles are provided with all necessary gadgets that are required for casualty location, chemical identification, leak cealing, chemical neutralization, weather monitoring, personal protective clothing suitable for chemical and fire emergencies and arrangement for water mist and foam fire fighting.
Last Update Date :- 04-05-2018
Page last updated on: 21-08-2020